Dev Ops Assessment
Optimizing your Organization’s DevOps Adoption
Introducing IVI’s DevOps Assessment.
The DevOps Effectiveness Assessment (DEA) is a new IVI assessment drawing on the IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF).
The assessment provides a holistic analysis of an organization’s DevOps maturity, and identifies the key relevant IT-CMF Critical Capabilities (CCs) to aid improvement.
DevOps refers to a set of technical, architectural, and cultural practices aimed at increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of delivering business needs into production, through improved communication and collaboration between business, development, and IT operations.
The DEA is built upon the following DevOps principles:
- Design flexible, independent services that meet business goals.
- Deliver small batches of services and features in short cycles of design, build, test, and deploy.
- Orchestrate the delivery cycle using automation, integrated tooling, and configuration management.
- Maintain a commitment to quality, security, and compliance, with ongoing validation, monitoring, and feedback.
- Balance speed and agility with stability and continuity.
- Maintain an end-to-end view of services offerings, focusing on user needs and business value.
- Ensure an organizational commitment to collaboration and shared ownership, with defined roles and responsibility.
- Work agile and lean practices in cross-functional teams.
- Embed learning, continuous improvement, and innovation practices
In addition to undertaking rigorous academic research, IVI’s DevOps Assessment was further developed in collaboration with experts from leading organizations to ensure it reflects both state-of-the-art organizational practice and academic thinking. It was developed through a collaborative, workgroup model that was established as a community of practice to understand, share, and iteratively advance DevOps practice.