AssessmentsAssess your capability and benchmark against your peers
Critical Capability Assessments provide a forensic ‘deep dive’ into an individual capability for example, Enterprise Architecture. A number of Critical Capability assessments can be carried out together in a cluster to address particular business needs
The Service Management Capability Assessment (SMCA) shows organizational service management maturity, aligned to the business. Using ISO 20000 categories and processes, the SMCA provides improvement recommendations linked to IT-CMF Critical Capabilities. It can be used to give a broad view of ITIL maturity.
Critical Capability Assessments provide a forensic ‘deep dive’ into a particular capability for example, Enterprise Architecture. A number of Critical Capability assessments can be carried out together in a cluster to address particular business needs
The Service Management Capability Assessment (SMCA) shows an organization how to focus on ‘the bigger picture’ of strategic business alignment in service management. Based on the IT-CMF the assessment focusses on capability, showing the organization how to adopt a forward thinking approach and positioning service management as a valued business partner.
Critical Capability Assessment.
The Critical Capability (CC) Assessment provides an in-depth deep dive of an individual Critical Capability.
It assesses overall current and target maturity at the detailed level of the Capability Building Blocks (CBBs), and offers detailed specific recommendations for improvements in practices.
The CC Assessment includes an online maturity survey, individual interviews, analysis of current policies & practices, root cause analysis, defined actions to improve maturity (at the practice level), identification of the potential value delivered.
This assessment helps to identify:
- Practice improvements required to achieve target maturity for priority CBBs
- Interdependence of the CC in question with other related CCs as defined in the IT-CMF
- A comprehensive improvement roadmap
The CC assessment process:
- Assessment kick-off meeting
- Online survey
- Follow-up participant interviews
- Independent assessor validation of survey scores
- Analysis of quantitative and qualitative results
- Recommendations for changes in targeted practices
- Final report with improvement roadmap
Service Management Capability Assessment (SMCA)
Service management is well served with frameworks and standards such as ITIL® and ISO/IEC 20000 that inform and guides process definition very well.
However, the real need for C-Level executives is the ability to effectively assess and manage capability.
The Service Management Capability Assessment (SMCA) is a unique diagnostic tool that enables an organization’s leadership to target specific capability that require attention.
The SMCA results are in turn link to the IT Capability maturity Framework (IT-CMF™).
This will give the organization a clear view of the maturity profiles of their critical capabilities, and provide the necessary guidance on how to improve critical IT related capabilities in order to deliver increased value of their IT in terms of organizational performance.
If IT service delivery and management is a key cost and capability within your organization the SMCA is a unique and cost effective diagnostic tool that:
- Focuses on the management of IT Service and operational capabilities
- Enables organizations to review total Service Management functions in the context of delivering business value
- Delivers a maturity based capability profile across all aspects of the organization’s Service Management
- Is based on the international standard, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and is integrated with 2011 ITIL , enabling organizations to improve strategies with existing ‘adopt and adapt’ initiatives and processes
- Links directly to the IT Capability Maturity Framework (IT-CMF)
- Guides management to prioritize investment for business value